Hope the New Year is wonderful for us all. Quickly, the list below describes the week(s) ahead, then below there are some important tidbits (including USA program).
Tuesday - NO practice, last day of vacation
Wednesday - normal practice schedule, 6:15, 6:30 and 7:00 - IN OUR OWN POOL!!!!
Thursday - normal practice schedule, 6:15, 6:30 and 7:00
Friday - normal practice schedule, 6:15, 6:30 and 7:00
**ALSO on "FUNday" Friday -
Ice Cream and NEW swim cap distribution after practice!!!
We will be looking for parent volunteers for this FUNday event, so
Please click here to sign up (Sign-up Genius).
We also will be returning the $$ donated for swim caps on Friday, seek out Amy
Tolliver for a return of funds!
Saturday - Start and Turn Clinic at Holland Aquatic, with MLA - click here to see page with detailed info
Next Week - practices only M, W, F
Tu, Th - NO practice - varsity swim meets (Tu is makeup for down pool)
Saturday - Dual meet at East Kentwood, 8 am warm up - I choose events, everyone is expected to participate
Sunday - Invitational to MLA winter meet, 2 sessions - meet entries due to me this Friday at midnight, I will turn them in Late Friday night, no exceptions.
1. due to pool schedule change, we must cancel practice January 9th due to varsity boys meet
2. dual meet at home this Saturday has been cancelled and rescheduled to away at Ludington Jan. 27th.
3. We added a dual meet (tri-meet) next Saturday the 13th at East Kentwood.
4. This Saturday, the 6th, 9:30-11:30, Coach Jim Whitehead with MLA (the one I was hoping to "merge" with) will host a starts and turns clinic. Fee is $25 (no fee for MLA team members). I will be on deck, but observing, this is not my show. Hope EVERYONE can make it, much to learn. - See attached flier
5. Those interested in continuing their season to, and beyond, the USA Swimming District meet (every USA member is eligible) are offered a membership with MLA for only $40 per month. This will allow you access to 2 weekly practices at MLA, membership onto the team, coaching on deck for all USA meets post the WMSL season, potential relay team assignments if qualified and participated in both meets and practices, and free admission to this weekend's clinic. - Same attached flier
6. We have added an opportunity to swim in the MLA winter meet, a Long Course meet! That means 1 length = 50 meters, a very different kind of race. Very limited events, but great opportunity to learn! Sunday the 14th. See attached flier
See you in the pool on Wednesday!